Saturday, September 12, 2009

Upset

I was very upset when I was in the stable today. It didn´t had anything with the stable or with Milva to do. Milva was sweet as always and I really love the stable I´m boarding in!
It just one of the boarders I have a hard time to get along with. Now I know that you can´t like everybody and I really try to get along with her. It´s just that she is so incredible unintelligent or naiv. Now I don´t know if I should write that here cause I don´t know if she is reading here but I don´t think she does and anyway those are my thoughts and I might tell her in person anyway - AGAIN. I already told her a couple of times but she just doesn´t get it!
Today she was again screaming at the horses. I gave Milva a massage so at least she didn´t scream at Milva. I´m still very worried though what´s happening when I´m not there!
The thing that happened was that she was giving her pony hay and putting it infront of the stable - where the horses can go in and out and close to the bathtube where the water is.
Her pony is the lowest in the rank so he just has to move when the other horses are coming - that´s natural behaviour. Paulina was trying to go and drink and this person screamed at her!
WHY??? It´s the horses home not ours. Of course Orkan was going there as well to check it out what´s happening and of course he moved the pony and more screaming going on.
I asked her if it wouldn´t be better to move the hay farther down so he could it undisturbed but she thought that was not necesseray. OK!
I will talk to the other owners about not feeding the horses in the pasture as well. It just makes them more agressiv to feed one with a foodbucket and the other ones don´t get anything. We never did that before and I don´t quiete understand why now? Isn´t it better to take the horse out and feed it outside the stable to avoid kicking and fighting?
*sigh* I´m still very upset I can feel...
Anyway, Milva and I had a good day. We spend undemanding time again and I gave her alots of scratches.
Love my little horse!

2 comments:

  1. Don't be upset. I know it's hard to do, but just try not to think about it too much. I found out it is mission impossible to try and change people's attitudes towards horses.
    You know, Star is now living on her own in a field when the 5 other mares live together, just because she is a strong alpha. It's not her fault, it's just nature, but still she isn't allowed to behave like she should. I find it hard to accept, but it is the only solution when you share a place with other people. Star is not unhappy though, I am more upset than she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Sophie! Our horses probably don´t care as much as we do. I will let it go and just try to avoid her as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete