Friday, September 25, 2009

Saddling With No Resistance

Milva and I had to work threw a little problem today. She didn´t want to stand still when I put the saddle on her. She would just walk off ignoring me.
But I think it wasn´t her being a punk I think she just didn´t give me permission to put the saddle on - like the same thing as haltering with savvy.
It could also be a lack of confidence. It´s tricky with Milva sometimes cause she is hiding her feelings and it seems to be that she is ok with things but actually she is not and the reaction is coming out later on. Which means I have to be extra observant about little things.
What I did today was working on saddling with savvy. Milva is never tied up when I brush or saddle her.
First I put the saddlepad on her back a few times. I seperated it from the saddle first cause I thought that might be the problem. After she was standing still with the pad I put the saddle on. It took a little while until she was standing still - alots of approach and retreat.
When she was finally standing still I took her out grazing with the saddle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment