Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Horse Arrived

I was in the stable all day today. From 8.30 - 16.30. First I helped Malin to take out all the horses and afterwards we cleaned the stables together.
A perfect day in my world.
The new horse arrived before noon. He is a beautiful gelding, darkbrown, 6 years old. I´m now sure about his name but I think it was Basse.
Everything went fine in the beginning and just before I wanted to drive home Orkan attacked him. Orkan is the leader of our herd. I think the new one doesn´t understand horselanguage very well or he was just cocky trying to take over. Anyway the new one jumped over the door in the stable and turned the whole thing down. He ripped his backleg open and a few scratches on the front leg as well.
I´m just glad nothing more happened and even more glad that nothing happened to Milva!
I hope the new one learned his lesson!
I didn´t do anything with Milva today. I thought it´s better if she stays with the herd until they have settled down again.
Can´t wait to go there tomorrow after work! Just hope my little baby is going to be ok over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment