Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sunny Indian Summer Afternoon

There is nothing better in the world than spending my days with Milva.
I had the saddle on her today. She is always standing loose when I groom or saddle her because there is nothing to tie her up in front of our turnoutstable and I don´t need to tie her up anyway. She is usually standing nicely still for me.
Altough when I put the saddle on she is stepping one step sidewards. It´s not much but still abit of a brace. I have to do more approach and retreat when putting on the saddle.
We went to the ridinghouse for half an hour. Anna was in there with Dijon. Milva got a bit worried when Anna was yelling at Dijon so I didn´t want to stay in there for too long.
We worked on our figure 8s - they are going very nicely in walk. I can stand on the end of the 22 foot line now and just direct her. I also got one lap in trott without breaking the gate. It is hard for her to trott out in a circle - or maybe she is just a lbi and doesn´t see any sense in it ;).
After our little session we went grazing again.
There is coming a new horse tomorrow so I´m going to help Malin in the stable in the morning and stay there all day afterwards. Going to be a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment