Sunday, September 12, 2010

"When You Take Off The Halter And Lead, There´s Nothing Left But The Truth" Pat Parelli


Milva and I had a super fun playsession at liberty today. We started with stick to me over a cavaletti in trott and canter. She put so much effort in it that she actually jumped over it and afterwards bucked away. I disengaged her and she came trotting towards me again. Gotta love my little pony!!!
Then we did circling. I got one circle very close around me but then she had enough and wondered off "can´t hear you, don´t see ya" typ of thing. She walked straight to the ridinghousewall and sniffed it. The wall was probably 8m away from me. I gave her the sign to back up to me and shazam - she backed straight up towards me!
I have to figure out a way though to make the circling game more intresting so she stays connected to me.
We also did some figure 8s at liberty. First with stick to me and then I was sending her. I got it perfect the first time but after that everytime she came around the cone she came sidewards towards me instead of changing direction. Argh.
Maybe instead of taking a step backwards I should just engage her hindquarters and send her off again. I think she thinks me going backwards means coming sideways towards me unless I´m behind her.
You can see it in her face that she is trying so hard to understand me and getting all angry when I screw it up.
New try tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment