Monday, September 20, 2010

"What other people think about me is none of my business!"

Right! I just have to keep remembering it when I need it!
*big sigh*
I know it must be jelousy cause there can be no other explanation. Or that´s what I want to believe anyway. I know for a fact that Milva´s and my relationship is a harmonious, balanced one and that I´m doing the right thing with my horse.
If other people think my horse is not well behaved then that´s their business. I should have asked how this person is defining "well behaved". I don´t have to put my horse in cross ties to get it saddled or lead it outside so one person can hold the horse while the other one saddles it. No, I don´t. My horse stands still where ever I put her and waits for me and when I saddle her she stands still too - and if she wouldn´t stand still I would fix the problem and not try to put paint over the rust. And yes, my horse is allowed to have her own opinion. You know why? Because she is not a robot, she is a living creature and all living creatures are entitled to have their own opinion - in my world anyway.
But hey, whom am I to charge anyone else? I´m just an ordinary Parelli nerd that loves her pony and wants the best for her. And yes, feelings are allowed when it comes to horses, animals. Why else would you have a horse or any animal if you wouldn´t love it?
Strange world we are living in sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is: Don't take it personal... In the end, it might not even be about you. Enjoy your pony and the wonderful relationship you have!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Trainee Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know Petra, thanks. Shawn said the same thing that it was not about me and that she probably just had a bad day. I cant help but still being dissapointed though. Im just going to take care of my pony now and ignoring those I don't wanna be around :).

    ReplyDelete