Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My little pony...

and I had super much fun today. First we played stick to me outside on the big field - after she had been grazing for a while. It still amazes me that she chooses me over her herd and over food, especially the food part is pretty impressing.
After the ridinghouse was empty we played a bit at liberty - weave patterns in walk, figure 8s in walk first with stick to me and then I was sending her around. Because she was connected to me I asked her to trott the figure 8s, which was the first time. She trotted the whole figure 8 pattern :)) but when coming through a second time she took of in galopp, bucking away. I disengaged her and she came flying back to me looking all proud with her ears forwards. I gave her a big scratch, some candies and she stood next to me for a while chewing and yawning. Too funny.
We finished our session with longreining and I asked her to change direction alot - preparing for our next ridingsession. Which is going to be after the operation and after I bought a saddle. I still can´t make up my mind. My first choice was to buy the Parelli dressage saddle but I think I have changed my mind now and I really want a Parelli western saddle. BUT - I have never ridden in a westernsaddle before therefor no clue how it feels, and I also have no idea how to fit it on a horse but that´s something you can research. So I´m kind of thinking of getting a Wintec x-tra wide and a Parelli westernsadddle. And maybe next year I could get the Parelli dressage saddle when doing the fast track course. Hm....
But what if I don´t like the western saddle...also the westernsaddle would be cheaper cause I don´t have to pay the 25% importtax cause it would come from Germany not like the dressagesaddle, which is made in England but shipped to the US first before shipped to Europe again.
Well, I better find someone who has a westernsaddle to try if I like it or not...darn, I should have done that when I still lived in Canada.
I´m going back to Milva now to trailerload her and to play a bit online, the online part only if my stone doesn´t interfare again.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really nice play day :-) Inte lätt att välja sadel det förstår jag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that figure 8 Marion! :)

    Interesting thoughts about what saddle to get... Have you looked at the new 'Cruiser' saddle? I haven't seen one up close yet but it's supposed to be a mix between English and Western. Another option perhaps?!

    ~ Beth
    Parelli Central UK/Europe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth - yeah I looked at the Cruiser and to be honest I think it´s pretty ugly...lol.
    I think the smart thing would be to get the dressagesaddle first - cause I´ve been riding dressage all my life and know how to ride in it and what to expect. but in my dreams i see myself in a westernsaddle...with jeans and a cowboyhat and cowboyboots ;)

    ReplyDelete