Saturday, September 4, 2010

More Play With The 45-foot Rope




The swallows are leaving for the south soon. End of summer.
We had a wonderful Indiansummer day here today. I spent all afternoon in the stable playing with Milva.
She was coming in full gallop towards me again when I called her - talking all the way. Too cute!
I always start our time together with grazing. I think it´s a good way to do it like that - and a polite way. While doing that I check on which side of the pasture she woke up that day and according to her moode I plan our playsession. I do have kind of a plan what I would like to do when I go to the stable but in the end it´s Milva who decides what we are going to do.
Today we started our playsession on the 45-foot rope again. First I yoyo-ed her in to the ridinghouse, using as much rope as possible. She knows exactly what to do and I almost don´t have to wiggle my finger. Then we started playing with the weave patterns again. I haven´t done that for a while but it´s going to be required for level 3 online. We did the weavepatterns first in walk and then in trott. Then we did sidewards away and towards me. Sideways is really easy for her and so is backing up from z5.
Our figure 8´s were not that good today. Change of direction is not the problem but she likes to cut the corner around the cones - I have to work on my focus when doing them.
Milva choose to start the circling game on the right lead today. Because that´s her bad side I let her do that. When I asked her to trott she started to canter after a while - by her own!! No bucking involved. I let her canter for a round and asked her then to trott by switching the carrotstick to the whoa hand - and it worked!! Yeah!!
After giving me one more circle in trott I asked her in and then we took a little break and went grazing again - she deserved that big times!
After the break we played the squeeze game over a cavaletti in walk and trott and in canter - which made her to jump it for the first time!
The last time I tried to jump her she took the whole cavalleti with her and stumbled over it. She just didn´t know how to jump until today. I disengaged her after the jump to make a squeezegame out of it and rewarded her big times.
Another little break with grazing time and then more circling game on the left lead with canter. On the first ask she bucked again, but not much and I think I asked her with too much energy. Second try was much smoother and no bucking so I stopped our playsession right there.
More grazingtime with Patricia and Tinka afterwards talking Parelli :).

3 comments:

  1. Intressant! Att börja med att låta henne beta låter som en bra ide´, den ska jag härma. Låter fantastiskt att hon kommer i galopp och pratar med dig. Det vill jag också ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying reading your blog Marion. Keep it up!

    ~ Beth, Parelli Central UK/Europe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisabeth - jag tror hennes gnäggande har mycket att göra med det att hon vet att vi ska ut och beta ;). Kärlek gar genom magen hos min lilla häxa. Men banne mig när jag skulle ha för mig att göra nagot annat än att beta när jag hämta henne...lol
    I vart förhallande är det helt klart Milva som bestämma ;).
    Beth - so fun that you found your way to my blog and super cool that you have Parelli Central behind you now. Btw we met briefly at 2009 Gold Summit :).

    ReplyDelete