Thursday, September 2, 2010

Super Fun Playsession!


I totally love the 45´rope and so does Milva. Today I skipped the 22´rope and started with the 45. For a warm up we did follow the rail, first with one rein and then I used the 45 as longreins. I wish I would be able to run so I could do some walk-trott transitions but it is impossible right now. Well, only 2 more weeks and then the kidneystone nightmare should be over.
After longreining we did some figure 8s in walk and trott. I used as much rope as possible, speak I was on the end of the 45´ and I put a big distance between the cones. It worked perfectly and she changed direction nicely and walked for most of the times around the cones. I noticed when I put my focus farther behind the cones she walks around it but if I focus on the cone she often stops at the cone or cuts the corner. Intressting! In trott I have to get better and quicker with my ropehandling. Somehow the 45´seems to be longer in trott and Milva got it between her legs more than one time. I´m just glad she is so used to that and doesn´t freak out about it. Often she stops by herself out in the circle and looks at me with a face - again?
We also did some travelling circles in trott and canter. Canter, yes! On both leads :)! She did buck a bit when I asked her to canter the first time but it was nothing compare to last weekend.
Ulrike reminded me to change direction when she is trying to come towards me without asking a question. After doing that a few times the problem was solved.
For travelling circles I used the whole ridinghouse. By doing that I gave her somewhere to go and therefor it was more meaningful to her than just going around in circles.
Now we have to work on being neutral while she is maintaining the canter. But I will wait with that a few more days until she is more used to the canter.

No comments:

Post a Comment