Monday, September 20, 2010

Ales Stenar & Hällristningar in Järrestad






That´s were I went yesterday, together with 3 germans, which was kind of intresting. I think the more languages you speak the more you forget from your mothertongue. That´s my theory anyway.
Ales Stenar is one of my favourite places on this planet. The "Hällristningar" in Järrestad are very fascinating as well. If anyone of you wants to go there let me know and I can give you a describtion of the way - because there are no signs were it is, no parkingplace and the locals were sending us from one place to another one. We just found it because I wanted to look at some horses in a pasture. Horses of course - they always lead my way ;).
So if you do decide to go there without contacting me before. It´s right after the horsepasture (pasture on your left hand), you can park on that little acre, or well, can and can, that´s what we did anyway, then you follow the little way up to the stones, step through the little magical gate and voila, you have reached the enchanted place. It´s well worth going there!
The Järrestad carving contains over 550 figures and 700 cupmarks. This makes it richer in figures than any other rock carving in Skane. You can find ships, riders, animals, sunwheels, helixes, weapons and cup marks. Swedish rockcarvings were usually made during the Bronze Age, from approx. 1800 - 500 B.C

No comments:

Post a Comment