Thursday, September 9, 2010

BRRRRRR





Where did the Indiansummer go? And what happened with those long swedish summernights? Now it´s already dark at 8.00pm - brrrrr.
I followed with Patricia & Tinka to the veterinary today. Tinka is going to be fine and allowed back out to the turnout in about 2 weeks :). What a trooper she was today! She is just 4 but was super well behaved. She went straight on the trailer and no fuss at the veterinary. Even when they x-rayed her she didn´t care.
The veterinary clinic was small but cosy. I loved those stonebuildings they were in!
More trailerloading with Milva. Today in Anita´s trailer. I have to say I like that trailer much more than the other one. It´s way smoother and easier to handle than the big Boj-trailer. And it is much lighter inside and the ramp was more stabil as well. Milva walked straight up to her oatbucket and munched her snack up on the trailer. She did come down a few times to check out the other horses in the pasture but was overall more confident with staying on the trailer today. I´m pretty proud of her I have to say.
We also played a little bit online while Patricia watched us. Yoyo is working again - most of the time anyway. Transitions on the circle are getting better as well. It just seems to be that I speak a different language when she is going to the left cause somehow she doesn´t understand what the whoahand means then. Hmmm...how intressting. Better make sure I don´t do anything different in my body.
Change of directions were going nice as well today.
Canter on the 45-foot line with no bucking and she started to canter only using phase 1. Well the first two times anyway when I asked her the third time she had enough. My fault, silly me, what was I thinking?? Cantering twice is really more than enough in the beginning. Point taken Milva :).
I went back to the stable again in the evening to let her graze on the hand again. Lots and lots of udt.

2 comments:

  1. Känner igen mig så otroligt väl i det där med att be om något en gång för mycket. Jag gör det så ofta och jag har ju en LBI och det är så dumt.

    Men jag har också svårt för att lämna godis kvar i skålen. Jag vill äta upp allt och gärna få lite till. Så jag försöker se det som ett fint tillfälle att öva mig i måttfullhet med Manno. Försöker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja det är inte lätt det där. Speciellt när dem redan gör det bra första gangen sa "maste" man bara försöka det en gang till för att testa om det inte var en tillfällighet.

    ReplyDelete