Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our First Spin Ever - yehaaa

I talked about trying a spin in days now and practised on Shawn to be clear in my bodylanguage. Simulations are so helpful. I sure will use them more often now.
And what shall I tell you - it went way over my expactations :)))). Super smart pony I have!!
And it´s so simple - starting with change of direction but instead of changing I directed zone 1 with the carrotstick and drawed her towards me again, while doing all that doing a circle move in my body - voila a spin. I did manage to get her all tangled into the rope though so that´s why I took the rope of and did it on liberty instead - way easier. Her face was too cute - all concentrated on me :)).
I found it particular important to do the circle in my body as well to not confuse her with change of direction - that´s what I was practising over the last days.
We did 3 spins today and after giving her a carrot after the first liberty spin she put really much effort in the second one - love those lbi!!
Horselife with Parelli is so easy and so much fun! Before I would have never thought I could teach a horse to go sideways at liberty, back up at liberty or spin!

2 comments:

  1. Hallo, bin froh das ich deinen Blog gefunden habe.
    Liabe Grüße
    Silvia-Maria

    ReplyDelete