Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Psyllium Seeds


I´ve started to give Milva Psyllium Seeds today. In swedish it´s called loppfrö. Now when the snow is melting and the horses are starting to graze I´m concerned that Milvs could get a sandcolic. Feeding Psyllium seeds should prevent that.
Milva wasn´t too happy about it though and I had to handfeed her.
It´s a sunny day here today. I decided to play outside today and Milva just loved it. We played touch-it on a long line and she put her nose on all kind of things like a blue sledge, garbagecan, horsetrailers, stones, shouvels,...
We also went for a short time in to the stable. I put her in the same aisle as last time when the ferrier trimmed her hooves. As soon as getting there I could see how tensed and worried she got. Even the white in her eyes came out. I fed her some carrots and left again. Going into that stupid stable has to become a daily habbit now for us I guess. Milva has my fullest sympathy though. I hate being in there as well!

1 comment:

  1. I gave Star some Psyllium last Summer but in powder. Mixed in her feed, she couldn't see the difference.
    I stopped when winter came and because she is now on clay and there is no sand.
    Now we're moving to a very sandy area so she'll be back on Psyllium. I like the powder version, can you find that in Sweden? Milva may prefer that. xoxox

    ReplyDelete