Monday, March 29, 2010

Exuberant Milva


Played 40min with Milva this morning. My innitial plan was to sit on her today and eventually ride her for a little bit. But while grooming her it started to pour down on us and I don´t want to put a saddle on a wet horse.
Of course I could have played with her in the ridinghouse until she would have dried and saddled her in there. But I first thought about that when I was driving home.
Our playsession was good anyway. I took 2 cones with me and the big plastictarp.
For the first 15min there was another horse in there as well so I couldn´t do as much cause the other horse got scarred each time Milva walked on the tarp.
I started with doing some figure 8s in walk and longreining her over the tarp (after the other horse had left).
Figure 8s in trott didn´t go that well. She simple didn´t want to change direction. Funny cause usually that´s what she loves to do - punk! Anyway because it didn´t work I went back doing change of direction in walk - no problem, head down and engaged. Trying trott again and she just started to trott faster and faster and complety ignored me. So I thought - ok, you wanna go faster let´s try a canter then :). And off she went, gallopping like a luniac for 1/2 a round with a snotty dragon face and bucking. After 1/2 a round she figured out it was way too much effort to run that fast and slowed down to a canter. Third round she came with her head down and started to look more relaxed so I brought her in and waited for her to start do chew - which took a while, much to think and digest.
After resting and scratching her for a while I asked for more figure 8´s in walk and started to do some Clover Leaf Patterns in walk over the tarp and finally in trott.
She gave me a few nice change of directions in trott with a nice look on her face - no problems there anymore.
Spent 1 hour of undemanding time with her afterwards with more scratching.
I bought another pair of Pikeur´s Jodphur ridingpants today. I bought the same pair 2 years ago and wear them alot. They still look like new but won´t last forever. I absolutly love those pants! Now they had the last pair in my size - better buy them before someone else does ;).
www.hepshop.e-butiken.se

3 comments:

  1. Ja Pikeur är helt underbara! Jag köpte mig ett par nya i veckan med, fast inte Jodphur modellen. Men de är helt underbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. de hade ocksa ett jätte snyggt par i svart jeans. fundera lite pa om man inte ska ta en sväng till och köpa dem. kvaliteten pa jodphur modellen är verkligen super bra. har haft dem pa mig nästan varje dag i 2 ar nu och dem ser ut som nya!

    ReplyDelete