Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter Oh Winter

Why oh why are you so late for a visit this year?? I feel for spring and sun!
-7 again this morning and I watched a wonderful sunrise while I fed the horses.
I played with Milva at liberty again. Circling without a roundpen, all kinds of variations of sideways in all 5 zones - z5 is definitely my favourite right now, lay down, spin and stick to me in walk and trot. I have to watch my energy in trot though. It´s enough to raise my energy just a little bit and she starts troting and it sure doesn´t take much to blow her up. More sensitive horse you have to look for.
I also asked her to lay down again while she was out on the circle and later I asked her to come sideways towards me while she was out on the circle - too much fun!!! Her circles in trot are improving as well and from time to time she has a real positive, cute impression on her face.
With Orkan I played with bulls eye, walk trot transitions without rein, a little bit of sideways - reward at the slightest try. Figure 8s without rein and follow th trail. He is super smart and always remembers where we stopped the last time. He sure makes me laugh a lot. The last time I rode him a stopped at the cones which I had laid out for weave patterns and today after I got on him he started to walk towards the cones and stoped at the first one, turned his head around to see if he gets a cookie, nope, ok, of to the next one and then to the next and then to the last one. Asking a question at each cone, too much fun!
You can´t anything else but love those 2 ponnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment