Sunday, January 8, 2012

Update On The Munsch

talking with the ferrier on the phone

Seems to be it is a hoofabscess after all. At least that´s what the people say who should know. Ferrier is contacted and will call back tomorrow morning to see when in the morning he can come. Called the emergency vet to get some sedation for tomorrow, have to call her back in the morning and then she will drop an ampule off around 9.00. I hope she has something else though I can use for sedation, cause there i no way that I can give Milva a needle. I can do it on humans, that what I do at work daily but not on Milva....ahhhh...panic.
I definitely need one though cause it´s gonna be very unlikely that she will hold still. She almost didn´t let me pick her hooves today. We all know how concsious she is about her hooves. She is in alot of pain as well, only hope this nightmare is over very quick.
Her spirit is still up though which I´m greatful for.
Hanna and I tried to put a jod bandage around the hoof to make the abscess ripen quicker but that didn´t work out too well. We got the jodopax all over us and Milva through all things around and got quiete angry. She sure shows what she likes or not in this case.
Another thing I worry about - so much to not taking worries out by forehand, is if we can get everything done before I have to leave to work. I´m not sure I would get a day off because my horse is sick, but who knows I´m can be pretty convincing ;).
So people out there, cross your fingers for us tomorrow and send healing thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Finger and toes crossed for my little daughter-in-law. Hope it´s just a little absecc so she can continue with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag håller allt jag har för att allt går bra. Tänkte på er under gårdagen. Hoppas att du får möjlighet att berätta hur det går i kväll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess an abcess might be better than something else wrong. I hope she cooperates well! I laugh you can poke humans, but you cannot poke Milva. I poke my horses myself and they could care less. They actually take it better from me than the scary vet. Ok, I send my love!!! xooxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. fingrade korsade hela dagen : )

    ReplyDelete