Saturday, January 21, 2012

Milva The Achiever

Yikes, not at all happy about all the snow that came today.
Milva on the other hand was very happy and very cheeky today. We played at liberty - circles, stick to me, spin, sideways from z5 and figure 8s at trot.
I thought her today to lay down on a circle, like being 10m away but on seconds thought it wasn´t the smartest thing I´ve done ;).
When I dropped the carrotstick and bend down to pick it up Milva flopped immediately down. Ähm...
When I bend down to tie my shoes Milva flipped down so fast you couldn´t even think ähm...
And then she flipped down behind my back. I could see her in the mirror stopping, thinking, ears forwards, flopping down and waiting there in a sitting position.
When I didn´t react she went up, shaked her head angrily and came towards me and flopped down next to me looking all cute and pretty so of course I rewarded her. I know not the smartest thing to do either but at least I know all the bad habbits she has I thought her happily and I´m not complaining about them.
We did sideways from z5 at liberty today as well. It was our first time and the situation and timing was just right so I tried it and smartypants picked up on it immediately. She is such an achiever. If she would be human she would have straight A´s in everything.
We finished out liberty session with figure 8s at liberty. Out of fun I suggested with a very light phase 1 trot and see there she trotted figure 8s with an arch towards me in her body and ears forwards. She did two rounds and then we quit.
I´m just saying wow!!! I don´t know what I did to deserve such a horse!

3 comments:

  1. Just du är värd den hästen :) Det låter så härligt allt det ni gör.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man får hästen man förtjänar och ni förtjänar varandra. Milva är en häst som vill hitta på saker och gärna lite snällt bus och verkar gilla när hon är i centrum av rätt personer.
    Hon visar verkligen vilka hon inte gillar.
    Hur många hästar säger till en att man ska trycka ut köttet i päronet så att hon kan suga det i sig utan att behöva tugga på skalet. Söta tokMilva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwhh, sooo very cool!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete