Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hurt Pony :((

Milva is lame - righ front. No visible wounds, not swollen anywhere and not warm - not in her hooves either.
She was ok yesterday when I went for a walk but today in the morning I could see something, but I thought she maybe stepped on a stone. When I got back in the afternoon she didn´t want me to give her left hoof to clean it out.
In the ridinghouse I could see how lame she was. Sometimes she looked sore in all four feet and then you almost couldn´t see anything only when she turned. Helene helped me to check her and when we took her out in the yard you definitely could see it. Poor pony!
I´m gonna back there early in the morning tomorrow anyway and check how the situation developed. I kind of suspect a hoof abscess but then the hoof would be warm and there would be pulse in it, wouldn´t it?
She has no temperature either and looked quite her usual self just slightly annoyed with me checking her legs all the time.
I guess I just have to wait and see what´s happening...

3 comments:

  1. Hoppas Milva snart är bra! Hovböld brukar väl vara ganska karaktäristiskt att hältan kommer fort, men det kan ju andra hältor göra också. Det är inte lätt att veta med sina små älsklingar alltid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Håller det jag har för att det är snabbt övergående. Fina Milva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Och det är inte nödvändigtvis puls och värme i början på hovböld. Hoppas det ger med sig tills i morgon.

    ReplyDelete