Monday, January 30, 2012

Beautiful Winter Morning

We had the most beautiful sunrise this morning when I fed the horses.
I had a busy weekend at work and couldn´t squeeze in so much playtime with the horses. Not that it matters that much. Orkan is busy with his dressage tainings and showjumping trainings - his mum is gonna take him to an event training next month, talking about a horse with versatility.
Today I managed to get up earlier in the morning, which is not always the case considering I´m coming home from work at 11.pm (if I manage to catch the ferry, which is a whole different story),anyway, I finally had more time for playing with both of them.
Stablework takes more time now too since the water is frozen. I actually timed it today and with mucking out 4 wheelbarrels - which is a must for 5 horses, fetching warm water, feeding them, putting in new straw and sometimes preparing evening and morning hay it takes 1,5 hours - and that´s just our turnout stable if I help the stableowner with her 2, well than we are talking about 3 hours. I sure wish a day would have more hours.
Milva and Orkan switched horsenality today. Milva was all punky funky and needed to move her legs, pretending to be an arab again and having her own circus performance and Orkan needed time to think and digest today. Very interesting - and funny, both of them.
When Milva was ready to have a conversation again she gave me the best liberty circles in trot so far. I had to concentrate to stay in neutral and follow her with my eyes. She sure in an amazing mover. I know she is bred for it so it´s kind of a given but it still amazes me. Today she stayed rather close to me when she circled and she had a lovely arch in her body towards me and stretched her neck down and ears forwards. Occassionaly she bucked behind my back, but whatever, that´s just her, expressing her opinion...lol
With Orkan I played online and as I mentioned before he was thinking a lot today. Sometimes when he thinks it´s too much he stumps with his foot to let me know not to push him or to give him more time. I retreat then and wait until he is ready again and slowly ask him again, slowly going up in the faces to give him a chance to react. His faces are just too funny!

3 comments:

  1. Sitting with a big smile and laughing a lot for the recognition when yoy describing Milva but moustly when yoy descibe Orkans reaction. Either you are too slow or too fast for him. Sweet loving horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun with both of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave you an award on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete