Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekend



Milva ground-tied, patiently waiting for me while I tear down the playground, note all the grass around - pretty impressive for a lbi

Shawn came with me to the stable yesterday to spent some time with Drake. I simulated carrotstick riding with Milva and played all 7 games just outside the stable which just took a few minutes.
Even though I work extra this weekend I had a bit more time today. I simulated carrot-stick riding again and kind of laid on her back. She just really doesn´t like it without the saddle on - more friendly game...
Then I lead her around at the new dressage paddock just outside the riding arena. I would love to ride her there soon.
After walking around for a while in the dressage paddock I went in the riding arena and started my short playsessions.
Squeeze game over cavaletti a few times then a grazing break.
Sideways away and towards me over the black tube and grazing break.
For our last task I asked her to lay down. This time I took the carrot stick with me and simulated the pawing cause I figured one day, when our riding is enough established I wanna ask her to lay down while I sit on her and for that it will be good to use the carrotstick. Clever girl knew immediately what I ment and flapped down next to me just after a few seconds :).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, står hon och väntar UTAN att tjuväta???? Det var fantastiskt!!!! Pussa henne! kram

    ReplyDelete
  2. ja det ær næstan mer påæng på det æn på att lægga sig ner ;). rep på ryggen får hon gå rund och gøra vad hon vill - mer eller mindre. rep på marken betyder freeze. det funkar før mestadelen men man behøver ju inte provozera henne och gøra det nær hon står i fæltet ;)

    ReplyDelete