Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Short Sessions & Waiting


Inspired by http://blogging-buffalo-bill.blogspot.com I kept my play sessions short and the breaks (15min) long today. Also I included lots of obstacles in our play today. I´m not very good at that I have to admit. 2 cones for figure 8s and maybe some more for the weave pattern and that´s plenty for me, but I will change that from now on. Also the long breaks helped me to prepare for the next play session and to become more provocative.
I have heart it so many times before that lbi need long breaks. Linda talked a lot about that at the Celebration as well but somehow I can´t get it in my head. Well, in my world a 3min break is loooong but nope, obviously not for a lbi.
The thing is, long breaks are really working well! Milva got more and more motivated and gave me some nice figure 8s at liberty and nice circles in trot with me in neutral and the rope on the ground her ears forwards.
The last thing I asked her to do was canter and see there - 1 lap of canter to the left with me in neutral without leaping in the air or bolting around on the 45´rope. I didn´t want to push it though and asked her for a downward transitions to trot after one lap.
Those short sessions seem to be the key to success with a lbi :).
Usually I´m in the stable 2 - 4 hours every day. Milva gets extra hay outside the pasture and I usually let her graze as well combining that with our play sessions makes it actually more easier and interesting for me as well. So it´s the perfect solution for us!

5 comments:

  1. Jag tycker också att bygga hinder, flytta tunnor, koner och/eller ha två hästar igång samtidigt är ett bra sätt att låta hästen ha långa pauser, när man som jag har en lätt extrovert läggning och mycket man vill ha gjort; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha en LÄTT extrovert läggning ;)
    jag är nog för låt för att ha så många hinder - allt upp och ner byggande *usch* men jag ska bättra mig. men det är bra med långa pauser så kan förbereda sig bättre för nästa uppgiften men risken finns ju att jag bli för direkt line då.
    oj oj oj mycket att tänka på
    förresten jag ska ringa till uk office igen. det kan ju inte ta så himmla lång tid att fixa en länk till hh rapporten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det låter jättekul, egentligen passar det dig ju mycket bättre också för du är ju lbi själv, så nu så vill vi se Milva galoppera 20 laps snart :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, vet du vilket ord jag fick knappa in ????
    Prost!!!! hahaha, Skål!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20 laps tycker du överdriva lite här...lol
    prost till dig också...lol

    ReplyDelete