Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 4 Of Asking Milva To Lay Down :))

It really is working!! And I still can´t believe it! I always dreamed about having a horse one day that would trust me so much to lay down when I would ask for it. Milva is just the super smartest pony ever!
With Milva it´s crucial now to keep her busy though when I play with her otherwise she plays the whole reportoir by herself and if it would be possible for her she would do everything at the same time - laying down, spinning, backing up towards me from z5 and coming sideways towards me.
I planned our playsession very carefully today and made a point out of it so she wouldn´t lay down without me asking for it. After entering the riding arena I gave her lots of scratches instead of asking her to do anything. Which I think drove her a bit nuts cause she had this face what shall we do, what shall we do on. She did like the scratches though so she stayed with me. Then I played stick to me at walk, trot, stop and back up with lots of change of direction. I kept her mind busy so she wouldn´t think about laying down. When I felt she was mentally with me I asked her to lay down. Now it goes really fast, I just have to bend down and touch the ground and whoops she flopps down, looking all pleased with herself. She sat down until I asked her to come up but when she was up she wanted to lay down again. That´s the thing with her. It´s like opening Pandora´s box ;). Good thing I had a plan. We played some more at liberty and online and I asked her to lay down two more times.
Lots of grazing time afterwards.
I also mucked out part of the pasture under Milva´s supervision. I worked for about 2 hours and Milva wouldn´t leave my side during the whole time. Paulina joined after a while as well and stayed with us the entire time.
Can it not be tomorrow now so I can go and see my pony again!

3 comments:

  1. Jag vill också att mina hästar ska ligga ner. Det är så coolt det ni gör: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe jag vet ;), men du - dina GALOPPERA!!!! Milva kan allt som inte involvera att man måste anstränga sig - hon är som mig altså ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-))) Hon är smart lilla gumman :-))))

    ReplyDelete