Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer!


Milva checking out one of the water jumps
Summer has finally arrived here, it was humid and hot here today and I got my first sunburn while playing with Milva.
We played for 2 hours in the riding paddock again and it was totally fun. I don´t know why I didn´t use that paddock more earlier. I put up different playstations all over the paddock, counting on that no one else would appear or use the paddock.
I put cavallettis in a circle and one more for a squeeze game, cones for weave pattern and figure 8´s, a blue matt to step on and I brought the green ball as well. We took lots of grazing breaks between our tasks and time just flew by.
Milva was relaxed and left brain for most of the time, just once she spooked while I built up something and she was loose so she came bolting towards me so I could save her from whatever she was spooked.
Because she was so relaxed I asked her lay down and she did it without hesitation :). How awesome isn´t that!!
But she also laid down twice by herself when I asked her to trot on a circle - she did it behind my back and when I turned around she sat there all looking happy and proud. It was pretty funny though and she just looked so darn cute! Of course I couldn´t let her go away with it though so I asked to get up and then I asked her to lay down two more times before sending her on the circle again. I thought reverse psychology would work - if you wanna lay down then do it some more and some more. When I sent her the next time in the circle she flopped down again behind my back and looked all happy and proud again, same thing again I asked her to lay down two more times and when I sent her the next time in the circle I turned around when she was behind me and just caught her in the act. Just when she lowered her head to lay down I flopped her with the popper and she made a little squeek and buck and kept on trotting, problem solved - for this time anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment