Friday, May 6, 2011

Touchdown x 3 :))))))

Milva laid down 3 x on command today :)))).
After yesterday I wasn´t sure if she really got it even though Shawn was convinced she did and sure enough she did! When I asked her to do it the first time today it took a few minutes for her but I could see how hard she was trying but she wasn´t sure if she really could do it and I understand her. Someone was riding outside in the dressage ring - just outside the ridingarena, and cantering around. I gave her some scratches and asked her again and whoops she flapped down. I asked her to wait with standing up and she was sitting there for a bit while I gave her more scratches and some oats.
Because Milva is Milva and I know how much she enjoys repeating the new things she just learned I decided to leave the ridingarena for a bit and took her grazing cause the first thing she tried to do after coming up was laying down again. I for sure do not want this to get out of hand cause I already can see her laying down all the time - like she always came sideways towards me after she learned it or spinned all the time in the beginning. I´m just thinking about her poor new saddle... So yes, I´m not quite sure if it was the smartest thing to teach her to lay down but it is sure fun and her face afterwards is just priceless.
After grazing for a while I took her back in and we played a little bit at liberty and then I asked her again to lay down and whoops, she flapped down again, pretty quick this time. After coming up she sure enough tried to lay down again so I asked her to spin instead and then we did some stick to me.
At the end of the playsession I asked her once more to lay down and whoops she flapped down again :)). I asked her sit for a little bit and when I asked her to come up again she jumped up in the air and spinned around really fast and when she stopped she looked very pleased with herself. She is such a clown!
It doesn´t look very elegant yet when she is laying down it´s more like a little earthquake when she flapps down but it sure looks very cute.
So one day I will be able to mount her when she is sitting or laying down, just not yet - in case she spinns or rears after coming up ;).
And in case she does it with the saddle - well, it is her saddle and a few scratches won´t hurt it I guess.
I also helped Patricia with Tinker for a bit today. Tinker is so much fun too. I just love lbi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment