Monday, May 16, 2011

Conversation With A LBI


Milva and I had some discussions about circling and yoyo today. She pretended she had no idea what I was talking about.
Yoyo?
Yeah, you know where you walk backwards.
Backwards? Never heard about that before.
Yeah, you did.
Nope.
Yeah, you did it like a hundred times before.
Me? I don´t think so.
Milva, you know very well what I talk about.
Oh, you mean yoyo...
Yeah, yoyo...and I mean yoyo today, like now...
Oh well, if you really insist I guess I can walk a few steps backwards...*rolling with her eyes and sighing*

We had some small discussions about the circling game as well. Linda mentioned in one of the dvds how important it is to motivate the lbi before asking the circling game. It sure makes a difference for us. I don´t ask Milva to circle if she is not motivated and has lots of resistance thoughts. I usually get her motivated at liberty before.
Today I asked her for lots of transitions and change of direction and travelling circles in walk and trot. I have to keep her busy on the circles now so she won´t lay down ;).
Laying down worked fine as well. Not so much pawing anymore and she just takes at most two steps away from me before flapping down and sometimes not even that. Huge and fast progress. It sure is tempting to climb on her back when she is laying or sitting down but it´s too early for that.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, din blick säger ALLT!!!! Where is your sense of humor, matte ;-)))))Stor puss från mig Milva, du är en sötnos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha precis! förresten har du läst billy´s blog? den var super interessant angående lbi och väntetiden! och jag trodde jag har gett henne tillräckligt tid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nej, vad är det för blog???

    ReplyDelete