Thursday, May 12, 2011

Refining Lay Down


Lots of undemanding time with grazing, enjoying the sun - it feels like summer already, and lots of scratching for Milva pony.
Our playsessions are short but we get done alot. Just what we lbi like ;).
I´ve been working on refining the lay down. Taking it up a snatch and asking Milva to lay down next to me - and not wonder of, and to lay down without pawing so much.
Today she laid down once with her head towards me and almost next to me, she still pawed alot though. Put that´s because of me - because I pawed alot when I thought her - nagging, you could call it as well. No I just bend over touch the ground askig her softly and let her do the rest.
I asked her to lay down three times today and it she stayed down longer and longer waiting for my sign to get up.
She is such a smarty! But I guess everyone thinks that about their horse.

4 comments:

  1. weird, the post disappeared and now its back again - mysterious

    ReplyDelete
  2. really,could not read it yesterday, same with Elisabeths blog but today it works. Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete