Monday, August 31, 2009

First Fell Off From Milva

I guess there are going to be alots of first...lol
Well, today it was time for the first time falling off her. It wasn´t her fault at all though. Another girl knocked wildly on the riding house door and opened it with a lot of eager to get in. She scared the hell out of Milva who bucked up high in the air. I`m not quiete sure what happened afterwards but I think I fell back in the saddle again and probably squeezed my legs together which made her buck again. That´s what I think happened anyway. I hit my head really badly on the ridinghouse wall and have this big bump on my forehead now. My neck and my knee hurts really bad too.
That sucks cause I´m starting my new work tomorrow. They are probably going to think Shawn beat me up...lol
I think it already started wrong and I can´t blame anyone else besides me. What´s Pat Parelli saying - Set it up for success. Prepare for the unexpected. Take the time it takes.
I´m going to make that my big priority.
Ok, back to the beginning. When I came to the ridinghouse there were already 4 other horses in there. Milva is not used to work with other horses being in the ridinghouse. Maybe 1 is ok but 4 is definitely too much. Even though they were just walking with their horses when I was on here it´s still too much pressure for her I think. So when I think about it now it was very stupid of me to get on her. Another thing was that we walked too long with her. When we did it the last time I was sitting on her for 10 minutes with stopping inbetween. Today I told Shawn to walk more which means I didn´t give her the time to diagest things. Stupid, stupid me. But it´s easy to be smart afterwards.
The good thing is that I made up some rules for me now:
-not having another horse in the ridinghouse when getting on her, except Orkan or Paulina, but not more than 1. I think both Orkan and Paulina make her feel save so having them there is actually a good thing.
-take the time it takes, if it doesn´t feel good, I won´t get on her
-prepare her better from the ground, she has to show much more respect when doing the 7 games, today she was acting like a punk
-stop when it feels good and don´t overdo it, it´s not a race and the comfort and dignity of my horse should always be priority number 1!
If I feel better tomorrow I will get on her again. Just hope my stupid head stops spinning and I can see clear again. Right now everything is kind of blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment