Wednesday, August 26, 2009

10min In The Saddle

I didn´t write yesterday cause I was sooo tired. I don´t know why really. You would think not going to work right now I would have alots of energy but it doesn´t seem to be like that.
Milva and I spent undemanding time yesterday, grazing on the field while Anite took some pictures. Her camera is awesome!
Before grazing we went around the pasture threw the harvested oatfield. Milva knows now that we go grazing afterwards so she went abit extroverted. But I couldn´t blame her she just had fun.
Today she was a bit bitchy though. I don´t know really why and it worries me to see her like that. Usually she is always so sweet and friendly but she was already in a bad mood when I got there. I wonder if someone was mean to her or hit her?
There is always a reason why she is behaving like she is.
I took her grazing for 10min today and she definitely thought that was too short! I will go longer tomorrow.
I started with the weavepattern today in walk. She is so smart so she got it directly. We also did some trotting travelling circles. They are not working yet but we will get there.
Shawn came to help me with the riding. She was very calm today and made a big sigh while I was sitting on her. We are taking it very slowly with her so she has enough time to digest all those new things - like having a predator on her back. I look at all the small signs and thresholds. I was sitting on her for about 10min today. Which is the longest so far. She is standing very nice still when I mount and usually she is getting a carrot from Shawn after I´m on her back. I also gave her one while I sat on her - lateral flexion is working well ;). Shawn walked her one round in the riding house, practicing stopping when I make the sssss-sound. She knows that and is stopping when I do it. She also had her head down a few times, relaxing and looked all in all very cool. I went off while she was still relaxed. No need to give her any reason to get rightbrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment