Monday, August 17, 2009

What journey do you choose to take? How far do you wanna go?

When I first bought Milva I had those big plans of riding in the Olympics with her - in Dressage of course. I always dream big - always did :).
The Olympics weren´t just a dream though. I competed in Dressage up to St. Georg. Everything can be done it´s just a matter of dedication and priorities.
As you might can tell - my priorities have changed in a big way.
As Pat Parelli is saying "Humans wanna have praise and recognition. Horses wanna feel safe and comfortable."
A short while after Milva entered my life I decided to take the natural way. I promised myself, Milva and every horse that I meet on the way to always put my PRINCIPLES BEFORE MY GOALS!
THE EIGHT PRINCIPLES BY PAT PARELLI
Principle # 1
Horsemanship is natural
Principle#2
Make no assumption
Principle #3
Communication is two or more individuals sharing and understanding an idea
Principle #4
There are eight responsibilities of a Partnership
Principle #5
The attidue of justice is effective
Principle #6
Body language is universal
Principle #7
Horses teach riders, riders teach horses
Principle # 8
Principle, purpose and time are the tools of teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment