Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rainy Summerafternoon

I went to the stable this afternoon with the intention to play with Milva and try to sit on her later on when Shawn was coming by to help me. I had to find out though that Mrs. Milva had other plans. She went in head today and when she is in season she can be a bit moody. I thought it´s better to slow things down and see what the day brings instead.
When I went in to the pasture to call her she was way down on the other end. I walked half way to her and when I called her she was coming towards me in her usually fast walk. She hardly ever trotts or canters to me she is just walking very fast which looks really funny.
Anyway I thought I try to run backwards as I do when we do the drawing game. Sure enough she started to trott towards me and when I continued to run backwards she cantered towards me, tossed her head and called for me. Soooo cute!
I let her eat outside of the silagebal while I cleaned the stable. I could tell that she was very hungry. Hopefully we are getting silage in our pasture when Malin is coming home tomorrow or on monday.
After Milva had been eating for an hour we went in to the ridinghouse for 5min. We worked on our circling game. She did two perfect circles to the right in walk, changed direction online and did two more circles to the left. I thought that´s enough for today. Definitely don´t want to overdo the circling game with a Lbi! I also did some lateral flexion with her which is no problem. I think it´s a very important to keep our sessions short, intressting and effectiv. Maybe after a while she start to put some more effort in it.
I grazed her on the big field for an hour. The big field is still very new to her and in new places she sometimes get rightbrain. Today she was more leftbrain extrovert though. Started to trott around me, tossing her head and and bucked a bit. Mrs. Mischievous Milva :).
Before leaving I put alots of silage out in the pasture so they would have something to eat over night. It was fun when I let Milva out she was running down to get Orkan and Paulina to eat with her. They all came trotting back.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations on your new blog!!! I love the photo of you and Milva, such a pretty light!
    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww thanks Sophie! It´s because of your blog I started this one. It´s going to be cool to look back at it when we are professionals - one day :)

    ReplyDelete