Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Funday Part 2

I went to the stable again in the afternoon and played with Milva for a little bit in the ridinghouse. We did some figure 8s on the 22 foot line in walk. I´m pretty satisfied with our figure 8s now. I could almost be on the end of the 22 foot line and easily direct her. We did 3 rounds of it after that I did some squeezegame over a cavaletti. Squeezegame is also working well and Milva is actually putting some effort in it and has her ears forward when doing it.
When I try to engage her hindquarters she always wants to come towards me though. I have to be more clear with my signals when engaging her. When we do the circling game and I engage her hindquarters she is always allowed to come towards me. I have to think about that the next time otherwise I confuse her. Anyway, after squeezing her over in walk I tried a trott. She speeded up and trotted a few steps. I think that´s a good start so I didn´t ask for more. When I did the last squeeze over the cavaletti she even waited after engaging her hindquarters and was asking a question - with the ears forwards :). I went to her and we stood there for a little while, scratching her and spending some undemanding time together - good reward for a leftbrain introvert. I quit there and went grazing with her for an hour on the big green field again. She was her old self today while grazing and very calm but also very hungry.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, Milva's back to being a LBI! Good for her.
    YOu seem to be doing very well with the figure 8, soon Milva will be trotting!
    I like your blog, keep going!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is fun to read about what the other ones are doing, isn´t it? it definitely keeps me more inspired :). looking forward to your video!

    ReplyDelete