Friday, August 21, 2009

Afternoon Walk In The Rain

It was a very humid and hot day today. Unusual for Sweden but reminds me of Canada.
After all my torturing Milva in the ridinghouse I thought it´s time now to start taking walks again. I did it alot with her when we still where at Gustafslund a year ago but since moving to Malin I don´t walk with her that much anymore. That has to change of course!
Taking walks with Milva is taking me a little bit out of my comfortzone. She really loves it though. Her ears are in the front all the time and she is looking around and enjoying it. She is leftbrain most of the time. I´m just worried that I can´t hold her back in case she is getting rightbrain. I still remember my last walk at Gustafslund with her in the little forest where she decided she had enough and wanted to go home. It was very hard to stop her - especially because I was on the ground and she dragged me behind her. But of course that was a year ago - she is much more behaved now, mostly anyway.
Well our walk today was fine anyway. We went around the pasture, strolling in the cut down oatfield and on the way back she was allowed to graze in the big field which of course she loved. It was rainy a little bit when we walked but still very warm.
I also trotted a little bit with her in the field.
Try to take another walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment