Monday, August 17, 2009

Autumn Is Coming

I can feel it in the air and I love it!
Talked to Malin about the silage today and she will put a ball out tomorrow *sigh of relief*.
I went to the stable twice today - luxury because I´m off work.
Milva is still in head and flirting with Orkan.
I went again in the ridinghouse and did the circling game - only. Change of direction online which is working fine.
I also tried it in trott but it´s not so easy with a lbi ;). If I put pressure on her she will continue trotting so of course lunging the traditional would work BUT principles before goals!
I have to get my energy up and become better in my send and in my allow. Not expecting her to slow down because she will feel that. Trust her!
I also tried change of direction in trott but she slowed down. Good thing though is that she gave me two eyes and actually did change the direction and speeded up to trott again. When changing direction in trott I have to go farther back to give her more room to actually change direction. She was trotting quiete fast too today which is not ideal for making a change of direction.
If she can do the direction change we can work on the figure 8s in trott.
After the ridinghouse session I grazed her again for 45min on the big field. Sandra was riding Medea and Sofia was riding Strong while I was there. They were both cantering and galopping around us and Milva didn´t even flick a ear. Love my leftbrain introvert!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha flirty Milva! So funny! :)
    I am having a hard time trying to make Star trot on the circle, I keep asking and asking and the stick is moving and I slap the ground...but nothing happens :( Well, one thing at a time, I guess!
    We are already doing the change of direction at walk so that is something!
    Enjoy your time with Milva while you are off work!! :)
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete