Monday, April 5, 2010

Where Does The Time Go??

So much to do - so little time!
I went to the stable in the morning to feed and muck out. After doing the stable chores I spent 1 hour of undemanding time with Milva. If a certain amount of hours of undemanding time would bring you up to level 4, we would have probably already achieved it ;.
I went back to the stable in the late afternoon. First we played with the big green ball. One of the tasks for level 3 online is putting the green ball on the horse´s back. For getting her used to have the green ball above her I rolled it up on the silage ball while she was eating. I had to do a bit of approach and retreat in the beginning but she got rather quickly used to it. All the other horses in the three turnout stables were watching us. It looked like a horsetheater - monday afternoon entertainment.
When I felt that Milva was alright with the ball above her I took her to ridinghouse. My plan for today´s session was to do some cavaletti work to strengthen her back and hindquarters. I put three cavalettis in a circle and longreined her over - with one rein, played the squeeze game over and changed the distance between the cavalettis so she to watch out where to put her feed.
I also did a little bit of sideways game and sideway towards me.
More undemanding time after that and I went home again.
Ninnie still didn´t get her foal but Malin thinks it´s coming tonight :).

1 comment:

  1. Samma här när det gäller "undemanding time" måååånga timmar :) Jag tror det gör skillnad men det är klart att man behöver göra annat också.. ska väl bli det också snart..

    ReplyDelete