Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Ride

Went to the stable early again so I could ride Milva before the twins started to train their horses.
I warmed her up 15min by walking in z3, doing walk - stop transitions and steared her with the rein. So far so good. She was pretty chilled this morning so I didn´t want to make our session too long.
Getting on her wasn´t a problem either. She is nicely waiting for me. When I sat on her back she was looking backwards again and sniffing my feed. Too funny. She is always doing that.
I then asked her to walk and so we did for 5min I would guess. She did stop alot though which I allowed. I have to watch myself to not get to directline thinking when I sit on her. First when she stopped it kind of annoyed me cause I wanted her to walk but luckily my brain kicked in and I figured out that it was a typical lbi behaviour. And I so do not want to push her through thresholds.
Whenever she stopped I gave her some time to think and rebalance, scratched her for a bit and asked her softly to move on again. We did some change of direction as well while I sat on her.
I have to remember to take it sssssllllllooooowwwwww with her!!!
Stearing with the natural hackamore is not going so well I have to admit though. First she doesn´t like it when I tell her too often where to go and second it´s pretty easy for her to ignore the reins. I think the next time I will ride with the carrot stick to have some extra support. She does react nicely on the weight though but doesn´t like it when I put my legs on her - needs more porcupine game in z3 I guess. Well it all will come together it just takes some time in the beginning!

1 comment: