Monday, April 12, 2010

Super Smart Pony

What a glorious morning we had today. Sunshine, windstill and +15 in the sun. Perfect!
And on top of that I had a super fun session with Milva. We started our playtime with backing up from z5 at liberty - her standing 15m!!! away. Ok, I have to admit it was her idea and she cought me by surprise ;). When I went down to pick up the carrotstick she started to back up towards me. I stood straight up and she stopped - looking at me with surprise - I looked equally surprised. Then my brain started to work again and I asked her to keep backing up and so she did. Isn´t that just awesome!!! She backed all the 15m up to me - quite fast to. My super smart ponybear.
After that we continued a bit with liberty - stick to me over the tube and walk, stop transition.
We also did some longreining with one rein. Walk - trott transitions, it´s going very well on the right hand on the left hand she has some attitude, showing me her dragonface and ears back.
Also did a canter on the circle. Same there - right hand it was going nicely, left hand more attitude. That was our second attempt with the canter today so I´m satisfied she did canter at all.
More undemanding time in the sun after our playsession.
I have to go back there this afternoon. Our ferrier is coming to trim her hooves. Hope Milva has mercy with her today and is going to behave. She has to trim outside today cause all the other horses will be inside already and then they just try to nip Milva in the bum. Not such a good thing when she is supposed to stand still.
But when trimming her outside I don´t see any problems coming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment