Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Early Morning

I went to the stables pretty early today in hope to find an empty ridinghouse. Unfortunately some other people had the same idea. So instead of playing with Milva as soon as I got there I did the stable first.
Sune - Malin´s father in law drove the big tractor in the pasture to get rid of most the mud and water. It did help a little bit so I´m glad for that. Sune is a very nice old man. Always helpful.
Before starting to play with Milva, Anita and I decided to have a well deserved coffebreak with vanillabuns *me like*.
I played with walking in z3 - following the rail and change of direction with the carrotstick. My intention is to get her used to get directed with the carrotstick so I can ride her later on bridleless. We also worked on our transitions walk - stop - walk and baking up from z5 which is really cool. I just need to go behind her and wiggle the rope very sligthly or just show her with my hands and voila - she is backing up. I think that´s very cool :).
While walking with her I mirrored her frontlegs and walked in the same rythm as she did. Another thing I liked very much was her stretching forwards downwards while walking and using her back alots. That´s exactly what I wanted - the natural ability to stretch and use the back. And while doing all that she had a positive expression on her face, looking very pleased.

4 comments:

  1. Låter som att du har haft en mycket givande play session :-) Skoj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! :) Do you know the meaning of "morning glory" sweetheart? You make me laugh! :)

    Joke aside, very happy you had such a good session with Milva!! Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I see you changed the title to this post! :)
    Did Shawn tell you what it means?
    Sorry I was being naughty!
    Will write you an email today about Milva's little feet. xxx

    ReplyDelete