Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 2 After Vet Visit

After another sleepless night I went to the stable early again.
Orkan and Milva were halfway down in the pasture. When I whistled for her she was trotting towards me. I take that for a good sign compare to yesterday. With all the mud in the pasture I couldn´t see though if she was still sore - but I guess she must have been. It´s not possible to heal so fast.
Probably she was hungry as well and that´s why she came running to me ;)
Sune put in a fifth bathtube so that the pony also can get some food. The big horses don´t seem to want sharing their foot with him. They do share the food with each other though.
I cleaned out the stable and helped in Malin´s stable as well.
I brushed Milva for a long time and gave her some good scratches. When I cleaned her hooves I noticed that all four of them were warm. I just don´t know if they are always warm or not. Knowing myself I can get easily paranoid when it comes to Milva and overreact sometimes. I will check again tomorrow and give Helene a call and ask her.
After feeding lunch I changed and went to work. Incredible that you can spend a whole morning in the stable and not even ride one single horse.
My dear sister Sophie wrote an email to me today with some intressting links I will post later. I´m sitting at work right now which makes things a little bit more complicated.
Anyway she also mentioned that it it not healthy to feed carrots to horses -especially for the hooves and for horses with laminitis or risk for laminitis.
Her horse started to feel better after she stopped feeding carrots.
Intressting! I have to admit that Milva got alots of carrots from me....not good at all!!!!
It´s going to be colder in the beginning of next week here in Skåne. I don´t like the thought about Milva walking on frozen ground!
Gotta go back to work now....

1 comment:

  1. Får hoppas att hon är på bättringsvägen och att ni fåren mysig helg :-)

    Kram

    ReplyDelete