Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Love My LBI

Milva was so hilarious today. I was for 30min in the ridinghouse and brought the big blue tarp with me. I thought I better use it before filming the level 2 online audition. As soon as i put the tarp down she grabbed it with her teeth and draged it around the ridinghouse with the plastic making alots of sound. She looked all happy and proud.
After doing the friendly game and porcupine game I usually do the yoyo game. Of course Milva has figured that one out a long time ago and today she backed herself up again. All the way to the end of the 22-foot line - with her ears forwards and a nice expression. When she reached the end of the line she stopped herself and started to paw with her hoof - sometimes I give her a piece of carrot when doing the yoyo game. Being a lbi she is putting more effort in it when there is the chance of a cookie. She looked so darn cute when doing that. I gave her a little piece of carrot for the effort, brought her back and yoyoed her back again - same effort, same expression.
We also did a bit of mirror mirror on liberty and she trotted next to me a whole round in the ridinghouse - still with a nice expression. I tried a canter for the first time as well. She did start to canter but took off - or well, I can´t canter as fast as she does, yet. One day she will canter in my speed though.
Ulla - our pediatric was here today and fixed Milva´s hooves. She told me to spray appplecider vinegar on her hooves to kill the bacterias. Otherwise her hooves looked fine. Ulla said though that I shouldn´t feed Milva any extra oats anymore otherwise she could get laminitis. Not good at all! I`m just going to feed her a cup of oats now with the minerals and herbs. If I play and ride her more now she should go down in weight as well.
Danish course tomorrow which means I can first go to the stable in the evening - bummer!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you two have a great relationship and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete