Thursday, December 17, 2009

Backing Up At Liberty From Z5!!

My little girl must be one of the smartest ponies ever!
I played 35min in the ridinghouse today. First we did some walking from z3 with mirroring. She was walking in her normal speed again and no signs of pain whatsover. She had a nice concentrated expression on her face which must be a good sign.
After 20min of walking on both hands we both got bored. I did a bit of backing up from z5 online but event that one is getting a bit boring now.
I took of the 12´foot line and mirrored her for a little while. After I stopped her with the ssss-sound and by taking my energy down I went back to z5 and waved at her to back up. She was looking at me but didn´t really understand what I ment so I took 3 hairs from the tale and softly pulled on them with one hand while waving with the other hand and she backed up. I told her what a fantastic girl she was and mirrored her for a while again. Stopped her again, went behind her in z5, 2m behind her, waved at her to back up and tatatataaaaaa she did it!!!! Nicely backing up at liberty from z5 :)))
I also did sidewards on liberty for the first time today - not a problem there either. She actually gave me a real nice sidewards game to the left :))). When I tried it to the right she was walking towards me though. I think she didn´t really understand what I ment though cause my energy is more up when doing it to the right, to the left I have a hard time bringing my energy up and get my movements coordinated. Have to work on that one.
We have alots of snow right now and it´s very cold here. Hopefully the horses won´t freeze tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. Bra jobbat, kul att ni kommit igång igen.
    Tro det eller ej men hästarna levde när jag åkte hem. *haha*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så skoj, å så duktiga ni är :-)
    Ja detta vädret är inget skoj, va glad att du har ridhus att vara i.
    ha en trevlig helg.
    kram

    ReplyDelete