Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rain, Rain And More Rain,

All the snow is gone but I really, really hope we get more of it!
I didn´t ride Milva today cause the ridinghouse was busy all the time and I didn´t feel to squeeze in between two trainigsessions. I did make an appointment with Helene for tomorrow at 10.00 am though. I will start playing with Milva at 9.30 and then ride for 10min at 10. Well, if everything goes like planned. The ridinghouse will be busy again at 10.20 when Malin starts to warm up one of her competitionhorses.
It´s a pretty tight schedule right now but as soon as we are able to use the outdoor facilities again there will be no problem to find a place somewhere to ride. Especially now with the new dressage outdoor ring.
So today I started to play the friendly game with Milva by laying over her back while she was eating her hay. I thought if I do that maybe she starts to stop walking away as soon as I mounted. She did take two steps after I laid with my full body weight on her but stopped again and continued to eat and didn´t move for the whole 20min I laid on her. I was very much tempted to put my leg over her and sit on her, but I didn´t.
Then we played 45min online on the 45´rope - figure 8s and different variations of the circling game. I also asked her again to canter and it was the same as yesterday. After a few tries I got a nice canter transition on both hands and quit again.
More undemanding time after our playsession and then we took a 20min walk down the dirt road. We didn´t make it the whole way though because there was a snowmonster luring in the acre waiting for a grey horse to appear so he could attack it and eat it up for supper - that´s what Milva thought anyway. Oh, and it was the only clump of snow in the entire area.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, jag ser henne framför mig :-)))) jäkla snömonster ;-)

    ReplyDelete