Wednesday, January 26, 2011

6th Ride :))

Milva was once again awesome today! I warmed her up by longreining her using the featherlines - did I mention that I love the featherlines?! They make longreining so much easier. We played with some walk - stop transitions and change of direction.
I used the mountingblock as a sweet spot again where she got to rest and some scratches.
Then we played a little bit with the circling game - I just have to watch out not to overdo it now. We did some transitions from walk - trott - walk and stop.
When Helene came I mounted Milva and she was super good today. Didn´t move one step, was very relaxed and waited for me to tell her when to walk off. Maybe the friendly game from laying on her back did help after all. I also laid on her back this morning while she was eating her morning hay for 10min.
I rode again for 10 minutes and it felt really good. Milva was relaxed all the time and so was I ;). Mirror - mirror, ey. We did follow the rail with walk - stop transitions, some change of directions and one circle.
I love the NP more and more. It´s so worth the money and I´m really glad I bought it!
I think my shimming is ok but I will do some more research and experimenting this weekend. Right now I use on thick shouldershim and one thin centershim.
Tomorrow the ridinghouse is going to be occupied with dressagetraining all morning. If the weather allows it I will take Milva for a walk tomorrow and if not it´s going to be undemanding time. Next riding is planned on friday.

1 comment:

  1. Låter ju kanon det !!! Ge sötnosen en stor kram :-)! Trevlig helg på er!

    ReplyDelete