Sunday, January 23, 2011

Parelli & Sewing


I have bought myself a new sewing machine - see picture above.
Necessety is the mother of invention, so they say. The first time I heard that saying was when I lived on base in Petawawa, from an hungarian girl called Kata Meszaros. She has just moved there as well, and as two Europeans we had to find our way around. It was a fun time though.
Anyway, back to the sewing machine. I used to sew alot when I went to school in Austria. I was going to a school called HBLA in Amstetten and we had 8 hours of sewing a week. We accomplised to sew and design our own ballgawns, jackets, coats, dirndl (austrian folk dress) and lots of other "fun" things. I have to admit I didn´t like sewing that much back then. I was rather in the stable and didn´t want to waste any time inside.
So why did I buy a sewing machine now? Well, first of all to save money. Unfortunatelly I LOVE the brand "Odd Molly" and bought lots of dresses from them lately. Sewing my own dresses will definitelly save me some money plus I can sew my own designs which means hardly anyone else will walk around in the same dress.
Another big factor for me is that I know for sure that no little slave child from China was involved in the clothes I´m wearing. Also I´m planing on just buying organic fair trade fabrics. What´s the point otherwise. If you try to make a difference you might as well do it right then.
And when it comes down to it - a lady needs to ride with style ;). I already can see myself riding around with romantic westernstyle inspired blouses and shirts which will perfectly match my gorgeous NP.
So how comes Parelli in the picture? That´s easy explained. Parelli gave me the look for the detail, watching out for the smallest things and being patient. Through Parelli I learned that just my imagination sets my boundries. Everything can be done. Comes in quite easy when you want to design your own clothes :).

No comments:

Post a Comment