Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5th Ride

And all went well again :).
I played more constructivly in the warm up today. Like Elisabeth commented in my last blogg - "play hard - ride soft" (Pat Parelli).
I started at liberty with mirror me, stick to me, weave patterns and figure 8´s. Then I switched to the 45´rope and we played with figure 8´s and circling game doing transitions in walk and trott. At some point Milva asked me to come in in front of me but at the same time I pointed to ask her to trott which she got angry over. So she stopped looked at me with a face like are you serious?? I kept pointing though so she made one single buck with all four legs up in the air, looked at me again and then started trotting off. It was too funny.
Helene came by to watch us again and to assist when I ride. It feels good to have someone on the ground in case I do get bucked of.
I made the mounting block our sweet spot where Milva was allowed to rest and get alots of scratches.
When I felt she was ready to mount I switched to the NH and we walked to the mounting block. This time she happily stood there. I did lots of friendly game with my foot in the stirrup and out again and putting my weight in one stirrup and back down again. Next step was my hip in the saddle and down again. After doing that a few times I mounted. She didn´t stand still long though and started to drift away, but it was slowly and she wasn´t tensed. It looked like more she was on a mission so I accepted it for today. My goal of course is that she is wating for my signal though.
I rode for 5min again - following the trail with walk - stop transitions. I couldn´t ride any longer because another girl was waiting outside to build up fences in the ridinghouse. But it´s ok, short but good and calm.
For tomorrow I have planed a online session with the saddle on but no riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment