Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring Clean Out







Sjune and I have been cleaning out the turnout stable today. It took 4 hours without any break to get everything done. We started at 8.00am and were done at 12.00pm. It feels good though and the horses sure liked their new bedding. Most could be done by tractor but it was millimeter work to turn around in the stable. The corners and the fine cleaning up needed to be done by hand though. I´m sure going to feel my back and neck tomorrow.
After the cleaning out I drove quick home to eat lunch and gave Shawn a ride to school and then I went back to the stable and played with Milva.
I did lots of friendly game with my foot in the stirrup and laying on her back while Milva was eating her hay.
30min online in the ridinghouse, she didn´t look rideable throughout the whole playsession though so I choose not to get on her today. She even went right brain extrovert because of Malin salting the ridinghouse. With the right approach I could get her rather quick to left brain again but I still thought it was not safe to ride. Tomorrow maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Du är klok som inte tar några risker, det är bättre att vara rädda om förtroendet åt båda håll. Du har gott om tid ni är båda unga :) Härligt att få fräscht i lösdriften, det dröjer lite innan det är ide´att fixa här ute men det blir så småningom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on the right way! It takes the time it takes... kram :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du har så rätt Elisabeth och dina ord värmer. Det där med förtrående åt både håll var bra sagt och något som jag kommer tänka på innan jag sätter mig på henne nästa gång. Jag har nog mycket kvar att lära mig!

    ReplyDelete