Tuesday, March 1, 2011

8th Ride


8th ride on Milva today and it didn´t go too well. There were different factors that didn´t match up so well. First of all Milva is in heat and acting according to it. My experience from last year is that the first few heats she is in are more intense and then over the summer it gets less again.
She was really antzy today. As always when I do the stablechores I have her loose outside where she can eat her hay but as soon as I turned my back to her today she went straigt to Dupont - Helene´s gelding,and flirted with him intensively. Usually I disengage her hindquarters and she follows back with me at liberty but today I actually had to get her cause she happily ignored me. But I understand her, Dupont is a good looking boy ;).
When I came to the ridinghouse Milva got herself worked up over Sune who put salt in the ridinghouse so it wouldn´t dust so much. Wonder how that affects the hooves though. It took a while for her to get leftbrain again. When she is in heat she is even more drama queen than usual so after today I decided not to ride her when she is like that and take her for a relaxing walk instead or just hang out with her.
After the warmup Helene helped me on the ground. I asked her to lead me today and went in the pushing passenger position. When I started to relax after a while and took a big sigh so did Milva. But it just wasn´t fun today whith her being tensed and irritated, there was no harmony between us. She wasn´t right brain when I sat on her otherwise I would have jumped off and taken care of it but it still felt wrong.
I´m working my 5 days now and my plan is to take her for a daily walk - if the weather permits it, with the saddle on, work on our cirlcing game and concentrate on trott - walk - stop transitions and I also want to work on mounting but I won´t ride her until she is out of heat, so maybe by Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Vilken busa som rymmer från matte. Jag tror hästarna är lite extra på ni när de fäller och kanske är lite extra känsliga i huden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ja då har du nog kanske rätt i. hon tyckte iaf att jag var rätt besvärligt idag. hoppas ni hade det kul på hoppningen idag! xx

    ReplyDelete