Wednesday, March 23, 2011

9th Ride & Liberty & Online

25min online, 15min liberty, 10min freestyle
Online we played with transitions again and trotting figure 8s using the 45´rope.
Milva gave me two nice trot - canter transitions but didn´t maintain the gate. "Rome"
Trotting figure 8s went well. A few more times and I will try it at liberty.
Liberty was so much fun again. I totally love her concentrated face. I´m going to ask Patricia to film me this weekend. Weavepatterns went well, but I just did it twice to keep her interest - not like yesterday were I lost her mentally cause she got so bored with me.
Figure 8s were going fine as well. Close range circles were non existing though. She trifted away from me and started to back up instead or came sideways towards me. So either I wasn´t clear in my bodylanguage and confused her or she just didn´t feel for it. I also started to play with the spin again.
Oh and while I played online with her Malin came in to fix some stuff in the ridinghouse. I stayed focused though and so did Milva and she kept circling like Malin wasn´t even there. Nice!
After our little playsession I took Milva back and saddled her. I think I have to reshim the pad this weekend. Back in the ridinghouse I played stick to me at liberty with her and mirroring. Everything went well and she looked rideable to me so I mounted her.
First I was a bit tensed because no one was with me but then I thought I just look how it goes and how she reacts. I tried to be aware of every little threshold - hers and mine but actually there were none. Definitely none on Milva´s side and mine dissapeared watching her. She stood very nicely when I mounted her, with her head down and totally relaxed. She waited for my sign to walk on and off we went. I sticked to follow the trail on both leads and rode her for 10min. It was very uneventfull - very much to my taste. I have to be really watchfull with my movements though. If I shift my weight she is turning and she absolutely does not like it when I get of my balance point and pinches her ears back. She is just really sensitive to whatever I do.
For the weekend I have planed a playday with Patricia and on Sunday I might go with Anita to help a friend of hers with a Lippizzaner. Her friend seems to be interested in Parelli :).

No comments:

Post a Comment