Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Liberty - The Truth


Once more Milva just blew me away. I so underestimate her. Just imagine how far she would be in the hands of a Parelli Professional.
Yesterday we played 20min online and 10min at liberty. I asked her to do figure 8s at liberty and just needed to use a light phase 1 for sending her and she continued to do her task with me just standing there. Awesomeness!
Our circling game is improving too now. I think we finally had a breakthrough the other day and she even puts on a lovely face now and then. She still can be snotty but hey, Rom wasn´t built in one day.
She gave me nice walk - trott - stop transitions so I decided to switch back to the 45´rope and it was the same there.
Today I started with liberty again. My routines got a bit messed up today because Sjune cleaned out the last turn out stable today - he cleaned out the second one yesterday. Usually I start my day with undemanding time with Milva while she is eating her extra hay outside and I groom her and give her scratches before we start playing. But because of Sjune working there I decided to take her to the ridinghouse. On top of that I forgot my ropes at home and just had the 45´rope in the stable and the featherlines.
I started with figure 8s at liberty again and Milva was just superb! I think she likes liberty too because she really pays attention to me and tries to please me so hard. Totally love my pony!
Then I asked her to yoyo back at liberty and to circle me. That was our debut with circles at liberty. First she stayed pretty close to me until I asked her to make the circles a bit bigger and then she used half of the ridinghouse. I asked her for walk - stop - walk transitions and her reaction was awesome. I just needed to switch the carrot stick to whoa hand and she stopped looking at me. Super smart pony!!
I also played some more with the circling game on the 45´rope. Milva likes to use the whole rope which is good. We played with some change of direction and walk - stop transitions and finished with some trotting circles. Her trott was nice today too. She had her head down and kept her rythm, ears forwards. She also gave me some nice trott - walk transitions and even offered trott a few times.
Like Linda is always saying, take it slow with a lbi and then they start offering more.
Milva looked totally rideable today but I didn´t had a saddle on her and no time because I have to work in the afternoon. Time, time, time....

No comments:

Post a Comment