Thursday, March 17, 2011

And Canter...

60min online, 10min liberty
30 min walk down the dirtroad and around the stable. Watching some more Savvy club DVDs made me realize that I´m far away from being provocative. On a scale from 1 - 10, 10 being the highest, I´m probably a 3. But that´s going to change!
While taking Milva for a walk I played all 7 games with her. Which was new and I have no idea why I didn´t think about that earlier. Dah!
We also played touch-it alot. It´s actuallly more her idea to play touch-it. She likes to sniff all kinds of things.
For friendly game I used a bit of plastic she found and touched her with it all over her body. Suddenly our walk was not so dramatic either because she concentrated more on me instead of making up her own ghost stories.
I had to wait a bit before entering the ridinghouse cause one of the horses got video taped for a customer. While I talked to Malin I had my back turned to Milva and when I turned around she stood with her frontlegs on the stonepedestal looking at me and making a cookieface. Hahahaha, such a smart girl! Everything for a cookie, ey.
In the ridinghouse I started to play at liberty with figure 8s, standing farther away. Milva put on her liberty face and put in effort :).
Then we played with more circling game on the 45´. Lots of change of direction and transitions and taking it slooow in the beginning. She prefers to go on the left lead and I just watched one Savvy Club DVD where Pat mentioned that most horses do. Keeping that in mind I asked her to canter on the left lead today. She gave me two nice trot - canter transitions on phase 1 but didn´t keep up the cantering for more than 5,6 strides. I´m still very pleased though, thinking about Rom and how long it took to build it.

3 comments:

  1. Man kan förvåna sig själv med hur enkla saker man förbiser att leka med.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading 27 blog entries! Wow, you have been busy.... Looks like you and Milva had some really interested play sessions. Good for you...!!!!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ulrika - ju, jag ær nog lite trøg ibland ;)
    Petra - thank you so much for your email Petra! Just about to order some of the books now :).

    ReplyDelete