Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Shawn came with me to the stable today for a while. Mandric - one of Malin´s yearlings really likes Shawn. As soon as he can here him he is coming and always looking what he is doing and where he is going. He even chased away the other yearlings from Shawn. So cute!
I practiced trotting with Milva online today. We did some circles and figure 8´s and change of direction.
Typical leftbrain she is turning the game now on me and changing direction by her own - very quickly and looking all happy. I´m sure she is sticking her tongue out behind my back. So figure 8s in trott are not a problem anymore.
I´m just not sure how I can convince her trotting circles with me standing in neutral. I might call the hotline again and ask them and watch L&HB again.
Yoyo game was going well again - backing up to the end of the 22 foot line with just using phase 1. Good girl!
Porcupine game moving the hindquarters and forehand is still a tuff one. I´m not getting a spin yet - still working on it.
The send in trott is going very well too. I just need to point and off she goes.
It was a good session today and Milva looked happy too.

3 comments:

  1. So cool! You're lucky she trots so easily. When I ask Star to trot, she turns into a punk, either stopping and facing me with a bad expression or bucking and galloping away. Oh well...
    I have a very lazy horse! My western trainer says that she's one of the most lazy horses he knows!
    I hope we can start riding again this week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the send in trott is easy but after that she turns into a punk as well. Right now she is playig the change of direction game on me - changing whenever it´s her idea and as soon as I change her she is changing back again. She also can stop and face me.
    But see, at least Star is galloping! I haven´t seen Milva cantering in the ridinghouse - yet. I guess I should start working on that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeas but Star only gallops to escape from me. You should see her!
    Well now she doesn't do that too often anymore because she knows I won't let her and also because she lost all her muscles and is not so good at that anymore!

    ReplyDelete